GUE CAVE 1
The GUE Cave 1 class is GUE´s introductory class to diving in an overhead environment. This unique class provides divers with a thorough understanding of the cave environment as well as the potential dangers associated with cave diving. The class is designed to build upon the basic diving skills practised during Fundamentals training and during the comprehensive training divers gain the necessary skills and knowledge in order to safely plan and conduct dives beyond the daylight zone. Like all other GUE classes Cave 1 is based on progressive learning in that all critical skills are carefully introduced and practised on land and in the open water before applied in the cave. Whilst the class prepares students to fully venture beyond the natural daylight zone a conservative approach to gas management ensures that beginning cave divers stay within limited distance from the entrance.
Cave 1 is the ideal training class for aspiring cave divers, it solidifies personal skills and awareness and gives divers the required knowledge to go out and enjoy cave diving with their team mates and friends.
In order to enroll in a Cave 1 course you must:
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Have diving insurance, such as DAN
- Be a nonsmoker
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Have completed a Fundamentals class with a “Technical” pass
- Have a minimum of 100 dives beyond open water certification
The duration of this class is normally six days with a minimum of 12 cave dives.