GUE CAVE SIDEMOUNT
GUE’s Cave Sidemount course is designed to introduce experienced cave divers to the use of the sidemount configuration in a cave environment and to meet the challenges posed by such an environment. The course’s intended outcomes are to help divers understand the techniques required to safely navigate confined cave passageways and the advantages and disadvantages of a lateral equipment configuration.
In order to enroll in a Cave Sidemount course you must:
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Have diving insurance, such as DAN
- Be a nonsmoker
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be Cave 2 certified
- Have a minimum of 50 cave dives beyond Cave Diver 2 certification
The duration of this class is normally five days with a minimum of 10 cave dives.